I spent this past New Year’s Eve holiday in one of my favorite cities, New Orleans!
This was my third time in the “Big Easy” and it was a fabulous time as always!
From the food, the music, atmosphere and rich culture all around you are always guaranteed a great time in the “most unique” city in America!
If you plan on traveling to New Orleans, check out my list of things to do on your trip:
- Hang out in the French Quarter - The bars around Bourbon St., boutique shopping, specialty shops and all the fine New Orleans cuisine can be found in and around this historic area.
- Have a “Hand Grenade” - One of New Orleans most famous STRONG drinks can be found at any of the Tropical Isle locations on Bourbon St. Be careful it only takes one!
- Stroll down St Charles Ave. and the Garden District - This beautiful and historic district is located in Central New Orleans. Boasting antebellum mansions and manicured gardens this popular neighborhood is full of southern charm.
- Revisit History - Take advantage of the many museums, walking tours, riverboat cruises and unique experiences to learn more about the rich culture and history.
- Ride the streetcar - Get around the city in a historic streetcar, the oldest continuously running streetcar in the world. Take a vintage trip through the Garden District or down Canal St. for as low as $1.25 a ride!
- Check out some live music - Known as the birthplace of Jazz be sure to check out the numerous jazz clubs and find joints showcasing the original brass band and second line dance style of music.
- Cruise down the Mississippi River - Take an evening jazz cruise in one of the many steamboats along the Mississippi River. Most included open bar, buffet and of course live music!
- Eat! Eat! Eat! - From crawfish, Po Boys and jambalaya to beignets and pralines I truly believe New Orleans has the best food on the planet! Period.
- Hit the Slots! - Try your luck at the Harrah's Casino or the other casino properties in and around the area.
- Let the good times roll! - It's New Orleans! Have Fun!
Check out a few more photos: